ART TOURS: Research, Inspiration and Insight.
'A brilliant art safari' and 'window into the art world’
Fri 19th September 2014 at 14:00
Fri 19th September 2014 at 18:00
ZAP Art Tour 13 will explore a new selection of galleries in Bow and Bethnal Green including Chisenhale, Campoli Presti, Supplement, French Riviera, Maureen Paley and others and will finish at The Approach Gallery for the usual drink and debate. After we finish art tour participants are welcome to join us at Transition Gallery for the Preview of (detail) - a painting show with 118 artists curated by Andrew Bracey and including work by
Annabel Tilley and Rosalind Davis.
Meeting Place: Chisenhale Gallery, 2pm
64 Chisenhale Road, London E3 5QZ
Directions to Chisenhale Gallery
The Gallery is located midway between Bethnal Green and Mile End Tube. Walk from Bethnal Green is 12 mins or take No 8 or D6 bus.Ten mins from Mile End or take 277, 425, 339 or D6 bus.
Chisenhale Gallery Website: http://www.chisenhale.org.uk/visit.php
Google Map: Bethanl Green Tube to Chisenhale http://goo.gl/maps/LQmu7
'Brilliant, generous and well informed. Recommended!'
‘I always want to visit London and see the range of galleries but I end up not knowing where to go, being overwhelmed and at the usual established blockbuster galleries’
- Discover hidden art gallery gems, get exclusive access and be welcomed into some of the most powerful art galleries in London.
- Explore a range of diverse gallery models - commercial, artist-led and public galleries and how they function
- Meet and talk to gallery directors/curators/ artists and get to ask questions about their exhibitions, ethos & opportunities.
- Spend an afternoon networking, debating and discussing art with artists, arts professionals and ZAP
- Get insight into artistic processes, ideas, mediums and materials
- A fantastic research opportunity, inspirational, thought provoking. This is an opportunity to think about your own artistic practice, build on your knowledge and critical context.
- Fantastic value for a priceless art tour.
.The tours are open to all: artists, curators, collectors, arts enthusiasts. Enjoy a discussion over a drink at a nearby bar afterwards.
Full intinerary will be emailed to you before the tour.